Monday, November 06, 2006

going out

Last weekend, my husband and I, along with another exmo couple, got all gussied up and went out for a night of drinking and gambling. Well, it was only sort of gambling, because gambling is illegal in my state, so it was really a fund raising event and we weren't playing with real money. Which made it really fun to put down a $1000 chip and not really worry about that fact that I just lost $100 and $200 chips in the last five rounds, and perhaps I shouldn't be risking so much with my poor luck at black jack.

In the end, I had doubled my money, and discovered I wasn't so bad at black jack. But I was terrible at craps, and was too drunk to figure out anything more than "throw the dice and make sure they hit the back wall." But, hey, with drinks only $2.50, who can resist?

The event was semi-formal, Vegas style dress up, so I went out to a consignment store with my friend to look for dresses. There were some great "little black dresses," including some I should have considered because their long sleeves and long length, given the cold November temperatures. But I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything modest. It reminded me too much of my modest Molly Mormon high school days, looking for prom dresses. Partly in reaction to that, and partly because it's just the style, I wanted something slinky. I ended up with a nice spaghetti strap black dress with an interesting, layered hem-line. I forgot to get pictures, but just trust me when I say I was hot.

The night left me in a strange limbo between feeling naughty, but not feeling guilty about it. My true-blue Mormon family would be horrified at my dress, the alcohol, and the gambling. I'm so evil, aren't I?

5 comments:

Sister Mary Lisa said...

You so should have posted pics. Sounds like tons of fun!

from the ashes said...

I wish I did have pictures. But I would have cropped out my face. But it's kind of nice to have (almost) no one who reads my blog know what I look like. That way, they can imagine me hotter than I really am. :)

Sideon said...

You don't sound evil.

You sound like an adult who got dressed up, who looked HAWT, and who had a great time.

Be well.

Liseysmom said...

Ha - you forget I have met you AND seen you in a bikini and you ARE pretty damn hot!

It is fun to get dressed up and go out. I was going to wear black dress pants when we went to the fundraiser Saturday night, but ended up wearing a silver silk skirt with sparkly sequins and pink lace around the botton. Total strangers kept stopping me and saying OH MY GOD, I love that SKIRT! It was pretty cool.

And next time get pics.

from the ashes said...

Liseysmom- Damn. I'm not really hiding, am I?

Sideon- Hi! Hope you don't mind that I linked to your blog. I checked it out and thought it was pretty cool. Welcome. And yes, I did have fun.