Tuesday, February 13, 2007

it, again

I had one of those days again.


It fills me up, but I am empty

I am bursting with it, but I am deflated

It squeezes me tight, but I am limp

It tosses me up and down, but I am immobile

It burns me up, but I am cold

I am screaming, but I am silent

My mind is racing, but my thoughts are frozen

It hurts me, but I am numb

I am only laying here, but it is the hardest thing to do

I am running away, but I'm not getting anywhere

I hear the clock tick, but time is meaningless

It won't leave me alone, but I am alone

It is a fleeting moment, but it takes forever

It changes everything, but it is the same

6 comments:

Lemon Blossom said...

I am sorry to hear that you had another one of those days. I hope things are going a little better now.

By the way, I tried posting a few days ago and Blogger wouldn't hear of it. I have been wanting to say that you didn't remind me of hymns and make me feel bad. Ironically enough, I had been doing that on my own starting a few days before this. Your blog and your comments have never done anything but help me. So, thank you!

from the ashes said...

Things are going better now, thanks, Lemon. Sometimes I'm down, and I get back up, but I'm thinking, how many times do I have to get down so low before I admit I need help?

Anonymous said...

Wow. This hits home right now. I thought I was over my feelings for the most part, but the missionaries just stopped by and I'm flooded with feelings again. This takes time.

from the ashes said...

Yep, time, and more time. And some ups and downs.

Why were the mishies there? Random tracting? Or were they sent?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why the mishies came by. Our branch has left us alone since we told them we were taking a break. The new mishies probably saw our name on a list and decided to come by. We didn't let them in.

from the ashes said...

Good for you, meg. Luckily, we've never had mishies stop by. HTers, yes. But mostly they've all just left us alone.