Wednesday, May 02, 2007

podcast & book

Last night, I recorded a podcast (my first!) with Doug and Heidi over at eight hour lunch. We talked about depression and Mormonism, since I've lately been obsessed with the topic (could you tell?). I'm not sure when they will be able to post the podcast, but I'll watch the site and let you know as soon as I know.

It was unexpectedly exhilarating to talk to them about this topic, and I'm kind of pleased that my voice is now out there, even if not my name.

...


Also, the book Parenting Beyond Belief: On Raising Caring, Ethical Kids Without Religion is now available. It is a collection of essays from a diverse set of humanists and nontheists, including our fellow former Mormon, Agnostic Mom. I've ordered my copy. Check it out and consider buying it if you are interested; I, for one, feel it important to support this kind of effort. We atheists are out there, we are good parents, and we have a voice. Let it be heard.

Finally, one of my posts from Main Street Plaza (a post republished and reworked from here) was linked at Daylight Atheism's The Humanist Symposium. There is an impressive collection of blog entries on positive atheism and humanist values. Personally, I've been wanting to explore this kind of thing more in depth. (Summer project, fta, now get back to work.)

No comments: