Thursday, May 24, 2007

lightning & therapy session 3

Yesterday, still reveling in my new symbolic freedom, I noted happily that the devil hadn't suddenly taken a hold of me. God didn't strike me with lightning for disaffiliating with His One True Church, either. Not that I expected anything like that to happen, but it was a little fleeting thought from my old paradigm come back to make me giggle.

....

I saw the therapist again. I picked a new topic to discuss, something that has been bothering me for a while now. I won't get into it publicly, since this blog isn't the forum for such things. But I will say this: it had nothing to do with Mormonism. That struck me. I go to the therapist to help me adjust to my new life outside Mormonism, and it turns out that's not even what I need the most help with. Not yesterday, anyway. There were other, more pressing needs and adjustments.

You know what that says to me?

I'm moving on. I had a post-Mormon day.

(And yet, somehow, I still manage to post about in my ex-Mormon themed blog.)

No comments: