Thursday, August 02, 2007

missionary opportunity, missed

As I walked down the street, heading over to join my husband at a cafe, I saw some Mormon missionaries. In amusement, I watched their mild panic as they tried to decide whether or not they should try to talk to me.

"Potential convert...woman alone...potential convert...young woman alone...tight shirt...oh, man..." They walked on past, and I smiled to myself.

I told Mr. FTA that I walked past some elders, and Mr. FTA told me he'd seen them too.

He was sitting at the little outdoor cafe with his parents and sister, having cold drinks on a hot day. They saw the Mormon missionaries walk by on the other side of the street.

Mr. FTA: I guess they weren't listening to the Spirit. If they had been, they would have known to cross the street. They could have gotten free cold drinks.

SIL: Oh, shut-up.

4 comments:

Sideon said...

You and Mr. FTA CRACK me up :)

Sister Mary Lisa said...

That's so funny! Thanks for sharing...

JulieOShields said...

You have to feel sorry for the poor suckers, walking around in the oppressive heat, with mormon underwear and long sleeve shirts...and don't forget the tie! I wouldn't mind buying them a cup of iced tea from Starbucks! LOL

from the ashes said...

Mr FTA cracks me up, too.

And we were drinking iced tea! Hee hee.