Tuesday, October 10, 2006

it's all relative

Since this blog has taken a turn for the serious, I thought I'd throw in some fun in the middle of my long, long disaffection story.

When I got married, Mormon style, I was gifted a piece of lingerie by my bride's maids. It was sort of like this:

My husband thought it was so sexy. Sleeveless! Spaghetti straps! Shoulders! Low cut! Shows a little thigh!

I hadn't brought it out since well before my disaffection, so I pulled it out the other day to check it out. I tried it on, and it felt soooo un-sexy. It felt long, loose, and unrevealing. When I first got it, it was quite revealing compared to garments, but now?

...I wear it as a night gown.

3 comments:

Liseysmom said...

That is so funny. I had the same experience the other day while cleaning out the drawers. I had a whole drawer full of my "sexy stuff" that now is like... Ew, old momma-esque. Yay for pretty undies!!

from the ashes said...

Mmm, ankles! Actually, when I'm around my Muslim friends, I always feel underdressed, like I'm too naked. Yikes, arms!

Threads of the Divine said...

This is really funny. My wife had something similar with a robe that matched. It just shows that anything is better than Garments. They are bad enough on guys. On women, they just ruin it all.